Critical Response to Living Large
"LIVING LARGE is a searingly honest and compelling account of one man's lifelong struggle with an addiction to foodby one of Washington's most successful lawyers and political operatives. Michael Berman's insightful guide to living a 'large' and happy life will be meaningful to all readers, large and small. It is also a love storythe story of an extraordinary man and his wife, written with humor and grace."
- Andrea Mitchell, Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent, NBC News
"[LIVING LARGE] will help everyone who knows anyone who's struggled with weight."
- Sylvia Rimm, Ph.D., author of Rescuing the Emotional Lives of Overweight Children and the New York Times bestseller See Jane Win
"Michael Berman's story of life in the throes of food and weight obsessions is, by turns, eloquent, heartbreaking, funny, and poignant. As one who has been there and escaped, I heartily concur that sensible eating, moderate exercise, and self-acceptance, no matter what your weight, are indispensable parts of any treatment program."
- Nadine Taylor, M.S., R.D., coauthor of Runaway Eating
"LIVING LARGE is a candid, sometimes brutally honest story about living with obesity. Anyone interested in understanding obesity and learning how to deal with it needs to read LIVING LARGE."
- Morgan Downey, Executive Director, American Obesity Association
"There is a bit of Mike Berman's journey in anyone who has ever struggled with weight management. LIVING LARGE is not a diet or a how-to book but rather a brilliant memoir full of insight; its special wisdom will help the obese, their families and friends, and their physicians."
- Dr. Arthur Frank, Medical Director of the George Washington University Weight Management Program